Amarillis’s musical journey has been distinguished from its beginnings by the diversity of its workforce (2 at 20 musicians) and its programs according to the different musical styles approached. Every year, about fifteen programs different are offered in three sections :
• Instrumental programs
• Voice programs
• Programs crossed with other musical or artistic sensibilities
We invite you to consult the sections « Agenda » to discover, in details, different types of programs offered by Amarillis imagined by Héloïse Gaillard, its artistic director. You will find below the Concerts and Cross-Programs offered as a priority for the next season.
Instrumental and vocal programs
Flautist and oboist Héloïse Gaillard brings together solo musicians who are loyal to her in the same spirit of chamber music, thus promoting very demanding chamber music work on the instrumental level.. Let us quote for example Alice piérot, Marie Rouquié, Marianne Muller, Keiko Gomi, Violaine Cochard, Marie Van Rhijn ... (All our musicians here)
On the other hand, Amarillis collaborates very regularly with some of the best singers on the national and international scene (Patricia Petibon, Stephanie d'Oustrac, Sonya Yoncheva, Karine Deshayes, Mathias Vidal, Maïlys de Villoutreys, Benoît Arnould ...) All our singers here
Under the leadership of Heloise Gaillard, the Ensemble approaches the various repertoires of European baroque music with the desire to explore a repertoire that is often unknown or even unpublished. The fruit of this musicological and historical work generates original thematic programs, fueling the humanist culture of listeners. The Ensemble also likes to tackle famous works and does not hesitate to give them new interpretations. (concertos d’Antonio Vivaldi, concerts by Johann Sebastian Bach and Georg Philipp Telemann, Georg Friedrich Handel's chamber music repertoire…).
Some examples :
Instrumental programs :
- Wars and peace in the time of the musketeers
- Couperin, Marais or Tastes reunited
- Fantasies in play
- Effervescence concertante
- Handel : Melodies in Mind – Suites and trio sonatas
Voice programs :
- Bursts of madness with mezzo-soprano Stéphanie d´Oustrac
- Fervor and Ecstasy with mezzo-soprano Stéphanie d´Oustrac
- Tragicus news with soprano Maïlys de Villoutreys, the viola Paul FIguier, the tenor Sébastien Droy and the baritone Benoît Arnould
- Rameau – Cantatas and harpsichord pieces in concert with the tenor Mathias Vidal
- In the footsteps of Orpheus with soprano Maïlys de Villoutreys
- Flames of magicians with Patricia Petibon
Sacred voice programs :
- Venetian jubilation with the mastery of Pays de la Loire
- Praises and lamentations for the glory of Jerusalem with a highlight by Nathalie Perrier
Amarillis also defends programs associating other musical trends, like jazz or contemporary music, as well as other artistic universes such as the theater, dance or story.
Here are some examples, Do not hesitate to contact us for more information :
- Inspiration baroque, program crossed with jazz and improvised music in the company of the clarinetist, Louis Sclavis, saxophonist Matthieu Metzger and cellist Jean-Philippe Feiss.
- La Double Coquette, cross between a comic opera La Coquette trompée by Antoine Dauvergne (1753) and additions composed by contemporary composer Gérard Pesson (2014)
- MéChatmorphoses with baritone Benoît Arnould and actor Jean-Paul Mura. Conception : Héloïse Gaillard and Tami Troman. Tami Troman (director, texts), Alain Blanchot (costumes), Nathalie Perrier (lights), Delphine Sainte-Marie (sculptor), Bruno Benne (choreographer).
- Tafelmusik, Program featuring the music of Georg Philipp Telemann and Michel Richard Delalande. Heloïse Gaillard (conception), Eric Soyer (scenography), Heloïse Gaillard & Tami Troman (staging), Sabine Novel (choreographic look), Jean-Pierre Michel (light creation).
Presentation teaser here.
- Grand participatory baroque ball with Bruno Benne dancer and choreographer, a dancer and 5 musicians. He invites the public to dance and rediscover the world of baroque music thanks to some emblematic composers
- Sounding and moving woods with dancer choreographer Amala Dianor : This new meeting, scheduled in the Collegiate Church of Saint Martin, in connection with the Sylva exhibition proposed by Lucie Lom on the theme of the forest, is the perfect opportunity to invent a journey to the heart of the emotions inspired by baroque music.
- The Whims of the Universe : The new creation of the Amarillis ensemble created by musician Héloïse Gaillard and dancer and choreographer Sabine Novel, invited the Air, Earth, Water and Fire to dialogue with, for inspiration, a baroque poetry that resonates today, in the present of our lives. Through the evocative power of music, dance speaks to us, in a space filled with accessories designed by Delphine Sainte Marie and highlighted by Nathalie Perrier.
Mécénat Musical Societe Generale is the main sponsor of the show Les Caprices de l'Aivers. (https://www.mecenatmusical.societegenerale.com/)